Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Love It When You Call

A quick round up from the past week. Firstly, the lesser whitethroat that I mentioned last time. Having returned from Devon, I went to pick up Barney from the cattery on Sunday morning and was pretty sure I could hear a lesser whitethroat singing near the Redditch Road, not far from Lower Bittell Reservoir.

What with it being a favourite bird of mine and not having seen one this year, I popped back down there on Monday morning. After a bit of searching, I finally tracked down the bird on the Old Birmingham Road.

After that, I paid a brief visit to Lower Bittell Reservoir. There I saw a linnet, yellowhammer and a green woodpecker, along with a ringlet butterfly and some common blue damselflies.

I've also seen the green woodpeckers at work a few times this week. There are also still plenty of butterflies on site, including this comma and small tortoiseshell that I snapped on Thursday.

Comma

Comma

Small tortoiseshell

Small tortoiseshell

No comments: