Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What A Difference A Day Makes

Not many words today, but a few pictures. Highlights at work were the first marbled whites and small skippers of the year. I think it's amazing that neither of these species were on site yesterday, but twenty-four hours later, here they are!

Hope to get better shots of the marbled whites tomorrow and Friday.

Also on site today, a brown hawker dragonfly, three species of damselfly and, perhaps best of all, a red kite spotted from the window after lunch. I cracked my head whilst rushing to get a proper look. Worth it, I think. Ouch!

Marbled white

Marbled white

Small skipper

Small skipper

Small skipper

Common blue damselfly

Female common blue damselfly, I think

1 comment:

Reg Telescope said...

I've changed my mind - that is a female blue-tailed damselfly, I think.