Saturday, March 14, 2009

Get The Message

I'm still trying to get to grips with it, but I have added a feed from Twitter to the blog. I'm hoping to use this to provide quick, newsflash style birding updates as and when they happen, if I spot something good in the garden or at work for example.

The garden has produced some good birds lately. Aside from last week's peregrine, a few siskins have shown their faces during the month, and a goldcrest recently took a liking to the suet feeder. Not seen that before. Quite a few common buzzards are now putting in an appearance, happily cruising on the thermals until the local jackdaws see them off!

News of sand martins at Upton Warren has got me pretty excited. I'm planning to visit Earlswood Lakes on foot in a week or so, hopefully to pick up this species and possibly a couple of other early migrants. I'm not certain if I'll head out tomorrow though. I have big plans afoot. I don't want to say too much at this juncture, but it has something to do with Worcestershire Source.

As and when I have more information, I'll be sure to fill everyone in.

By the way, the Twitter feed seems to work best with Internet Explorer. If you use a different browser, you may experience difficulties with it.

No comments: