Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Extra Ordinary Thing

Today's very short blog entry owes its title to a song by Aqualung, who I went to see at the Glee Club in Birmingham last night. What an evening - Matt Hales is a musical genius in my eyes and he's written some beautiful songs. Most of you will probably never have heard of him, but his best known song is probably Strange And Beautiful, which was used on the VW Beetle ads a number of years ago.

Anyway, as promised I have been out and about with the camera this week, trying to get better shots of some of the wildlife at work. More about that in the next entry, but to whet your appetite, I thought I'd just quickly post a picture of this narrow-bordered five spot burnet that I stumbled across on Tuesday.

Narrow-bordered five spot burnet

Narrow-bordered five spot burnet

Getting decent shots of the ringlets, meadow browns and large skippers has proved tricky - these species all seem to be quite skittish, though I did manage to get two ringlets in my hand today!

I'll continue to plug away at them tomorrow and Friday, and hopefully post some shots here at the weekend.

Oh, and there's news of another lifer to come too ...

1 comment:

Kay said...

Nice moth. Now there's something I bet you never thought you'd hear me say!

Glad you enjoyed the gig.