Monday, June 1, 2009

The Winner Takes It All

After a 13 hour journey over land and sea, you'll hopefully be pleased to hear that I'm back from Islay. The trip report is going to take some time to compile, so just a quick blog entry to announce the winners of the recent quiz, and to lampoon the majority of you for not taking part. Shame on you!

Okay, here are the results ...

In first place, with an impressive 19 correct answers out of 20, it's me old mucker Kay Donaghy. Either she's some kind of genius, or shares the same kind of warped thinking as me. You can be the judge of that.

Kay wins 290 Telescope points.

In second place, with a not-bad-at-all 14 correct answers is the blurry one himself, Mr Martyn Yapp. Congratulations sir.

Martyn wins 190 Telescope points.

Normally at this stage I'd be announcing third place, but as there were no other entrants I can't.

For those that are interested [presumably just Kay and Martin then!] the answers were:

Crested Tit
Fieldfare
Desert Wheatear
Garden Warbler
Jackdaw
Nightjar
House Martin
Grey Wagtail
Killdeer
Nuthatch
Parrot Crossbill
Royal Tern
Water Rail
Willow Warbler
Puffin
Solitary Sandpiper
Waxwing
Purple Sandpiper
Turnstone
Whinchat

If you need any of those explaining, please don't hesitate to contact Kay!

My next report should be the first part of the Islay trip. Can't promise when that will be, as I have loads of photos to sort through and much typing to do.

In the meantime, don't forget to apply your suncream.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Oh for shame, I can't believe me and Martyn were the only entrants!

Thanks for all the telescope points, I'm willing to accept eqivalent sterling...I take travellers cheques, Amex, Diners etc. Cheers m'dears!

Hope you enjoyed your hol, I look forward to hearing more about it.