Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Found Heaven

My little walks around the grounds at work continue to throw up lots of good stuff, particularly in the wildflower meadow, which is brilliant for butterflies. A couple of weeks ago, I saw my first ever ringlet here, and on Friday another lifer came my way. I thought I had spotted a small skipper and rattled off a record shot, but when I got home I realised that it was actually a large skipper.

Shots of a ringlet and the large skipper follow, but I hope to be able to get better pictures in due course.

Ringlet

Ringlet

Large skipper

Large skipper

Asides from these, other recent sightings in this area include a grass snake, a few meadow browns and the first southern hawker dragonfly of the year.

With the temperatures set to rise and with the promise of more sunshine on the way, my camera will definitely be accompanying me to work next week!

No comments: